Segment 1: More Tips for Remote Interviewing
We are excited to share with you the first video in a new three-part interview series on how to improve your remote interviewing skills!
Check out this 9 minute conversation with Melissa Norris, one of the founding partners of women-owned recruiting firm Jamesbeck, and Michael Hoeppner, communications expert and CEO of GK Training.
Some topics and questions we explore with Michael include:
- What do you wear when you’re interviewing remotely?
- What is the best way to handle a technical glitch?
- Should you interview over zoom when you are not ready to make a move?
As always, please feel free to reach out to any of our team members here at Jamesbeck or to Michael at GK Training if you have any additional questions or comments.
Segment 2: How to Practice and Organize Your Interview
Hi again! We have been working closely with Michael Hoeppner, Communications expert and CEO of GK Training, to demonstrate ways in which we can practice interviewing. In Part 2 of this 3-part series, Melissa Norris spends 12 minutes talking with Michael about interviewing techniques and why, “practice, practice, practice matters”!
Michael shares with us his free interactive Q&A practice app (more info below) to help you put your best self forward during an interview.
*Question Roulette is an interactive practice app that provides a concrete, effective way to work on your Q&A skills.
- Question Roulette lets you answer difficult questions or objections, with topics like general business, relationships, self-reflection, cocktail party, and more.
- It records your answer and evaluates how you did, giving immediate, concrete feedback on: length of answer, amount and type of filler language, pace of speech — with links to specific exercises for challenges or growth areas.
- You can save your best recordings, rate yourself with self-assessments, and track your improvement.
As always, please feel free to reach out to any of the team members at Jamesbeck or to Michael at GK Training if you have any additional questions or comments. We would love to hear what you think about our content!
Segment 3: The Future of Virtual Interviews
We’re back this week with the finale of our three-part interview series featuring Michael Hoeppner, CEO of GK Training and Melissa Norris, Founder of women-owned Jamesbeck. In this last episode, we spend nine minutes discussing how virtual reality will (or will not) effect our communication.
Michael helps us answer questions like:
- Will virtual reality allow us to get to an all-remote-all-the-time business communication world?
- Is technology going to dramatically change the way we communicate?
- Is there a risk that our actual IRL (in real life) communication gets worse as we shift more and more to technology channels for communication?
Please let us know if you liked listening to these conversations about professional communication. We also welcome any suggestions about future topics to explore or any feedback in general. We’d love to include you in this conversation as well!